Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Reflection

Here we are on the final day of class. I have enjoyed this experience thoroughly, and I can confidently say that it has strengthened my knowledge and matured my views towards feminism, slavery, motherhood and marriage. I really liked how the course tended to tie the struggles of those oppressed by slavery and the efforts of women trying to break through the 'glass ceiling' and the subjugations of society. Both struggles revolved around the concepts of patriarchy, and I found that to be extremely convincing.

I appreciated the small class discussion atmosphere more than anything else. The opportunity to openly express ones opinions and interpretations, I believe, is the best way to reinforce ones views on different works of literature. Absorbing my colleague's interpretations of the same readings, especially with a class as diverse as ours, gave me perspectives that I have never been able to see from.

Overall, this course was by far the most enjoyable English/Writing experience I have had, and it far exceeded my expectations. Thanks, Katie!

No comments: